User Experience Designer
At the heart of every product interaction is design. As a UX designer, I create designs that are driven by users’ needs. With data obtained through analytics, user interviews, and other methods, I strive to understand users’ needs and how they can be incorporated in a product’s vision. I draw from my extensive technical skills and experience to guide this process. The result is beautiful, functional designs that are simple to use and effective.
- Bachelor's Degree in Multimedia Design; Meimad Visual Art School, 1999;
- Key Skills: Photography, Graphic Design, 3D Design, Multimedia Programming
- Microsoft Developer MCP Certification; John Bryce Computer Training Center, 2000;
- Key Skills: Visual Basic 6.0, ASP, SQL Server, and MS ACCESS.
- heuristic evaluation
- user testing
- contextual interviews
- focus groups
- card sorting
- usability studies
- journey maps
- data research
Software and Coding
Senior User Experience Designer
TerpSys - Gaithersburg MD/Remote
- Lead all user-experience related tasks for large federal agency project to develop a document storage web app based on Sharepoint in an agile development environment.
- Conduct weekly meetings with customer to discuss future enhancements, present wireframes, and discuss requirements.
- Coordinate and conduct stakeholder interviews; identify key user personas; and perform user task analysis. Use this information to work with product owner and developer to determine best approach for product design while maintaining consistency and usability.
- Collaborate with teams to identify any technical limitations due to Sharepoint. As appropriate, revise approach while continuously ensuring an improved user experience.
- Create user flow maps, prototypes, and wireframes.
- Develop screens in HTML, CSS, and jQuery.
- In addition to project tasks, mentor company business analyst by providing guidance and support in learning about the user experience design process.
- Facilitate open communication across team and with client to achieve optimal results.
UX/UI Designer and Front-End Developer
FEi Systems - Columbia MD
- For multiple enterprise applications in the Health IT industry, evaluated all facets of user experience at the macro and module-specific levels. Determined how to implement design solutions, and how such solutions can be replicated to create design patterns.
- Collaborated with business analysts and subject matter experts to gather business requirements.
- Conducted user research such as contextual interviews, card sorting studies, persona creation, journey maps, and heuristic evaluations to validate user goals. Discussed results with stakeholders and product team, and aligned business requirements with users’ goals.
- Planned and led brainstorming sessions with product team to provide software solutions.
- Using sketches, wireframes, and prototypes, developed user flow, design patterns, and information architecture for new and existing modules.
- Conducted usability testing to ensure final product met users’ needs.
- Collaborated with developers to implement final design into software code using HTML, CSS, JQuery, or AngularJS.
- Responsible for 508 compliance testing.
User Experience Designer/Web Developer
Telophase / Contractor at NASA Goddard Space Flight Center – Greenbelt, MD
- Gather requirements to formulate website prototypes and interfaces, generating fresh ideas and interacting with cross-functional teams.
- Flawlessly translate project requirements into specs.
- Align corporate brand with designs to cultivate consistency between marketing collateral.
- Originate and develop front and back-end websites, wireframes, prototypes, and mockups for the Science and Exploration Directorate at NASA Goddard center.
- Conduct user testing to ensure fully functional applications.
Consultant (National Public Radio, Digital Studios, Marstudio) – D.C. Metro Area
- Generated websites for a wide range of clients, diligently emphasizing usability.
- Launched websites in various content management systems; evaluated appearance in all major browsers to cultivate consistency.
- Planned and programmed interactive flash movies.
Graphic and Website Designer
Brivo – Bethesda, MD
- Partnered with marketing department and CEO to devise marketing materials including monthly advertisements, mailings, brochures, and trade show booths.
- Conceptualized websites paying careful attention to usability and compliance to corporate branding guidelines.
- Formed software interface for hardware and integrated designs from HTML into CMS.
- Consistently adhered to timelines, budget requirements, and company vision.
Graphic and Website Designer
New Signature – Washington, DC
- Produced websites, print materials and Flash programs for clients in numerous industries.
- Created HTML and style sheets in compliance with W3C standards; integrated templates into CMS as needed.
- Successfully managed projects independently while meeting timelines and working within project budgets.
CD-Tone Technology – Israel
- Created interactive CDs with learning programs for children; programs included puzzles, games, articles, and educational materials.
- Produced over two CDs per month. Entirely responsible for obtaining materials from graphic designers, compiling them into Director, programming and debugging CDs, and ensuring timely production.
- Completed all troubleshooting and resolved any program flaws. Incorporated disk into different operating systems.